Saturday, December 27, 2008

What I've Been Up To

Lately these posts have been approximately bi-weekly. My son, Nathan, had a little relapse in his heart condition, and he had to undergo surgery to clear away some abrasions around his heart, and after a few days in the hospital in Houston we were able to come him since he's doing much better. We couldn't be more thrilled!

This piece is one of the last commissions from what I call the "Hurricane Batch", those commissions I sold just before our area was struck by Hurricane Ike, causing us to lose our home to mold and sending us bouncing around the map until finally settling into our own place again.

But enough about me. Onto the art! This piece was inspired by Marvel's Shanna the She-Devil. The client didn't specify that he wanted Shanna necessarily, but wanted something in that vein.

And over the last few weeks I've been reading up on mythology, not just Greek, but Roman, Norse, and Celtic as well. Here's my interpretation of the Greek Goddess of magic and the underworld, Hekate. There have been many other versions of her by different comics companies, especially in the DC Universe.

No comments: